This is your chance to join a dedicated group of individuals who are passionate about preserving our regional heritage for future generations. Volunteers come from many diverse backgrounds. An interest in history and preservation is all that is needed. You can select your own schedule. Some devote many hours per week, and others come in for an hour or two a month.
If you have particular interests, we will try to accommodate them. Volunteers may choose from projects such as:
- Collection preparation (organization, conservation and filing) of documents including:
- Court Records
- Business and Professional Group Records
- Photographs and Postcards
- Maps and aerial photos
- Personal Papers
- Collection and conservation (cleaning/repair of documents)
- Guest Assistance
- Genealogy Research Requests
- Data Input (scanning and indexing)
- Fund Raising
- Outreach and Publicity
- Administrative and Clerical Tasks
Individualized training and stimulating comradeship are our hallmarks. In addition to the day-to-day activities, you have the opportunity to take field trips to historic sites, sit in on educational discussions, and share experiences with your fellow volunteers.
Join us today! Simply call us at 540 373-3704, or email us at email@example.com. You can also drop by during our business hours, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., and the first Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until noon. We look forward to having you as part of our team.
To download a volunteer application, please click HERE.